Library Reading Programs
Take the Winter Reading Challenge
January 1 - 31, 2021
Beanstack's mobile app allows you to enter book titles or scan ISBN barcodes to quickly add them to your Log, time reading sessions, and check off activities as you complete them. Search for "Beanstack Tracker" in the App Store or Google Play to download and start tracking.
Why are we using Beanstack?
Beanstack allows you to:
- Keep track of each family member's reading logs, activities, and rewards on one account.
- Log reading from home or on the go.
- Write reviews of the books you've read
- Sign up on our site at http:horicon.beanstack.org
- Click on Register an Individual or Family
- Everyone is encouraged to participate--Parents/Guardians, start by registering yourself and filling out the required fields. You will be listed as the "Account Creator."
- Please choose Adult as the Grade Level for those 19+.
- You'll be prompted to enter information for you spouse/other adults in your family and then children as "Readers."
- Register for the 2020 Summer Reading Adventure.
- You're now ready to read, log, write, and do to complete the challenge.
- Sign into your account at http://horicon.beanstack.org
- Click the Log Reading and Activities button in the upper left corner of your screen. Choose Minutes as the logging type.
- The calendar defaults to the current day but can be changed if you wish to track specific days you/your family read.
- You can log reading time in minutes or hours. Ex: 3h, 30m. You can log for an individual reader or for everyone at the same time using the drop down menu--choose All Readers under "Select the Profile."
- You have the option of entering the Title and Author and submitting Book Reviews from here as well. (To submit a Picture Review, use the "Add a Review" button at the top of the screen.)
- You will earn a virtual badge for each hour of reading up to 12 hours. Two badges will become active each week after the start of the challenge. All badges once activated can be completed until the end of the challenge on Saturday, August 22nd.
- Completed Logging, Review, and Activity Badges earn a ticket towards our Challenge Grand Prizes. Assign your tickets to the prize you choose. Completed badges also earn a Build Your Library book.
- Each week all Readers who have completed badges will be entered into our weekly drawings.
- Come to the library to redeem your rewards and prizes.
- Winners will be contacted based on the information provided in their profile.
This project was brought to you by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction and made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services grant LS-00-19-0050-19.
Art in the Park
Coming Summer 2021